This is our media archive featuring media releases and media clippings from the last few years.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Then contact us.
For over 30 years, Lowdown has been profiling youth arts companies, practitioners and projects from across the country. Throughout its history, Lowdown has provided a national forum for practitioners and emerging artists, delivering resources, opportunities and audiences for Australian youth arts. YAQ was the Queensland contributing editor for Lowdown Magazine.
In late September 2011, Lowdown closed its virtual doors after having moved from a print publication to an online portal, Lowdown Online, in 2010. Whilst Lowdown has come to a close, the many years of reviews and articles will live on through a project dedicated to recording and cataloguing the content of back editions of the print magazine. South Australian arts organisation, Carclew Youth Arts, is driving this online archive project.
2011 YAQ media releases
- Announcement of the 2011 Starburst regional mentoring program participants May 2011
- Music is coming to the Bay April 2o11
- Navigation arts business training on the Sunny Coast April 2011
- The Grassy Knoll – all local line-up for massive Youth Week gig March 2011
- Draw a picture, it’ll last longer workshops March 2011
- Local musicians on fast track to success March 2011
- Deadline extension for 2011 Starburst regional mentoring program February 2011
- Announcement of the 2011 JUMP particpants January 2011
- Winners of TLC’s 2010 FastFic competition January 2011
2010 YAQ media releases
- YAQ 2011 program announcement December 2010
- TLC FastFic program opens October 2010
- A-Venue – Support for young songwriters October 2010
- A-Venue – Growing support for young local musicians September 2010
- JUMP 2011 applications open August 2010
- New state delivery partners for JUMP 2010 August 2010
- Starburst successful applicants July 2010
- A-Venue – Songwriting workshops for young musicians in Moreton Bay June 2010
- Starburst applications open April 2010
- YAMP 2010 successful applicant announcement April 2010
- Federal Media Release – Announcement of first round of JUMP artists April 2010
- TLC Local bands on show at Band Camp March 2010
- Navigation comes to Cairns March 2010
- Australia Council announcement launching the JUMP national mentoring program
2010 media clippings
- YAQ members and program recipients Melissa Edwards, Rebecca Claire Edwards and Christine Dwyer of Cell Art Space in Cairns in the Tropical North Queensland TAFE magazine. Also includes a feature article with Melissa Edwards, 2010 YAMP mentee.